Your taxes. Your choice.
Georgia GOAL Scholarship Program –
The GOAL Program remains an extraordinary opportunity granted to Georgians by our legislative representatives. However, it's never been in higher demand.
When you contribute to Georgia GOAL, you're not only awarded a 100% state income tax credit, but also the satisfaction of knowing you're helping to provide financial aid to likeminded families seeking a Covenant Education.
It is almost certain that GOAL tax credits will be oversubscribed in 2024, just as they were this year. Accordingly, you must submit your 2024 application before the end of 2023 in order to obtain a GOAL tax credit. In addition, keep in mind that you are unlikely to be approved for the full amount of your requested tax credit. Please, don’t wait! Apply today.
Tax Credit Limits Based on Filing Status
• Single individual or head of household – up to $2,500
• Married couple filing separate returns – up to $2,500
• Married couple filing joint return – up to $5,000
• Pass- Through Owner (not making HB 149 election)* – up to $25,000
• C Corporation, Trust, or Pass-Through electing to pay tax at the entity level (HB 149)*–
75% of Annual tax liability
• Business that pays insurance premium tax - 75% of annual tax liability (not to exceed $1 million)
* Pass-through businesses can achieve considerable benefits through the GOAL tax credit due to favorable state and federal tax laws and regulations. These include a state tax credit, a federal tax deduction, and a substantial philanthropic impact. Learn more here.
How to Secure Your Contribution & 2024 Tax Credit
1) Apply Now
Complete the 2024 GOAL Tax Credit Application before the end of 2023. (Takes just 20 seconds!).
2) GOAL Submits to DOR
GOAL will submit your application to the Georgia Department of Revenue (DOR) on the first business day of January 2024.
By mid-January 2024, GOAL and DOR will notify you of the approved tax credit amount and payment deadline.
4) Make Payment
Pay GOAL by check, credit card, or ACH within 60 days of DOR approval (by mid-March 2024).
5) Claim the Credit
GOAL will send you Form IT-QEE-SSO1 (tax receipt) in May 2024 for claiming the credit on your Georgia income tax return.
(Note: You will claim the credit on the income tax return for the year in which you make the payment). .